Breville Espresso Machine will light up the cleaning light when it’s time for it to get cleaned. This is a type of indication so that you never forget to wash up the machine parts. Therefore, when you happen to see the cleaning light turned on, do the back flushing.
If you don’t know how to clean up the Breville espresso machine, here is the step by step guide. You have to follow these steps accurately and turn on the auto cleaning feature. The machine will clean itself without you worrying about separating the parts or reaching out to confined spaces.
How to Clean Breville Espresso Machine – Step By Step Guide:
- Prepare the portafilter by placing the 1 cup basket in the portafilter.
- Afterward, insert the rubber in.
- The next step is to put the Breville cleaning tablet in the center point of the portafilter.
- Place the portafilter in the group head. Afterward, place any cup underneath the spigot to catch any excess water.
- Furthermore, make sure that your water tank is full and the drip tray is empty.
- Turn off the machine
- Press together the single and double shot button along with the power button for around 10 seconds. This will turn on the cleaning mode.
Now you will see the cleaning light turned on because the cleaning mode has been activated. The machine will start to clean itself. All of this procedure will be completed in around 5 minutes. Once it finishes the cleaning process, the machine will produce the beep sound two times.
If you happen to see the pump turning on and off while cleaning, don’t worry. This is completely a normal thing. Also, water might come out form the portafilter, that’s where you will see the use of mug.
Thus, the cleaning cycle is completed. This process is called black flushing and it removes the deposited oils and coffee residues behind. This is important to do at the right time because a clean machine will perform well. And it’s the performance of the machine, which will make your coffee taste good and rich in flavor.